Friday, February 24, 2017

Comp: What I Like Best about My School 1

What I Like Best about My School 1

Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. The topic of what I like best about my school is an ordinary one. Most students would write about their teachers they learn from, or classmates with whom share my joy and tears, but although I appreciate them immensely, you will be surprised to know that it is the school's environment and wildlife that I treasure most about going there day in and day out. Let me explain.

When after a dreary walk to school I arrive to see an “endless” playground, my heart jumps for joy! It sparkles in my eyes, refreshes my spirit, and, most important of all, encourages me to build my muscles! School Sports Day is most delightful. On a pristine field of freshly cut grass surrounded by a running track of bold white lines, players creative approaches, join class relays, tug-of-war competitions, and fun activities made more exciting by the environment. We are eager to prepare, to practice, to join in the games, and of course, to have fun! But also, around the school's perimeter, and up to my classroom window, cool, shady trees with branches thick with leaves hide the second reason I love going to my school: a family of Collared scops owls moved in!

Yes; a family of owls at school! My classmates and I used to hate the trees for their fallen leaves which we swept around campus. However, that changed after the owl family showed up. I opened my classroom window and suddenly, they caught my eye. There was daddy, mommy, and two baby owls on a branch of the tree! They were standing in a line staring back at me! It took my breath away! I told my classmates this big news and from then on, we quietly observe them before class, and sometimes, I dare say, during the day when class is boring. The family stand on the branch and rests. It seems that they have classes with us and won’t leave until the end of the school day when they fly off! We learned that. on weekends, many bird lovers come to my school to watch the owl family, too, or take pictures of them!

How could a kid not like a school with such an environment? One ordinary morning, I walked to school, got to my classroom to open the windows as usual, and there was something strange on the top of the blackboard. To my surprise, it was a baby owl! It looked as if it were our teacher and would like to begin the class! My classmates tried to calm down, pretended nothing happened and it perched there until we started our real first class. Now how cute is that? Yes, what I like best about my school is the owl family on campus. Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment