Friday, February 24, 2017

Comp: Three Things That Trouble Me The Most 1

Three Things That Trouble Me The Most 1

     There is an old saying that goes: “Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.” As a teenager, everything can be apocalyptic, and I am no different. Since adolescence, there have been three “troubles” driving me crazy: pimples on my face, lousy math performance, and poor social skills. Let me explain how they have affected me and how I conquered them.
     I started having pimples on my face since the third grade. It’s been five years by now. I feel tired of them but can’t do anything about them. I even went to see a dermatologist who told me not to worry; just sleep enough and avoid icy and deep fried foods. The worst thing about having them was being called “pimple girl” when I was in elementary school; the moniker was even written in my senior yearbook. When the boy I liked called me it, I felt heartbroken. I felt so unattractive that I decided to through myself into my studies and make myself better in that way. But that led to another problem.
     Math had been my favorite subject in primary school because I could easily solve most math questions and get high grades, but my confidence changed in junior high school when Math became more difficult. It became harder for me to get good grades on math tests. For that reason, I didn’t like math anymore, but after disappointments with having pimples, there was no other option than to confront my fear of math. I asked my classmates, who were good at math, how they could handle it. I discovered the difference between us was that I didn’t go to cram school for math but they did. I doubled my effort. When my math teacher wanted me to do more math exercises, I did them and did them well. I dealt with my problem of carelessness and overcame the difficulties. I studied so hard that I now do math homework problems in my dreams.
     Overcoming personal problems with pimples and math have given me strength, however, I still felt lonely and I really wanted to become popular. I am bad at chatting with others, let alone making new friends, so I felt incredible when someone told me that I was an outgoing person. To be honest, I like crazy and funny people. They make me happy and they are more popular, so to improve my social skills, I let my inhibitions go.
     I have dealt with the three demons that could have made my life miserable.Confidence is the first secret of success. I believe obstacles that trouble us must be confronted when they show up. If I could do it, you too can face and solve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment