Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Comp:What I Like Best About My School II

What I Like Best About My School

Many students say they like their school without knowing why. Some say it is because of the teachers, others say it is because of their classmates. My school is just like my second home. It is true that we have the best teachers, but the best teachers are the ones who love students as if they were their own kids. These are the teachers who, like parents, give children encouragement and give us a little push to try harder, but most of all, like good parents, our teachers have opportunities waiting for us to experience, to learn and make our dreams come true. The opportunities are what I like best about my school. Let me explain.

  The encouragement I get from the teachers in my school mirrors the encouragement I get from my parents. One example comes to mind. Like a child afraid of strangers, I used to have stage fright at school. I cried and ran away when giving a speech.  My teacher showed me that there were always ways to gain confidence. Since I am usually outgoing with my family, the teacher encouraged me to perform at a play for Mother’s Day and pretend the audience was my family. It was easy after that. I practiced in front of my parents and even in front of my dog.  I conquered my fear of performing in public!  My teacher’s framing the audience in familiar ways encouraged me. Now, when I am on a stage, I feel like I am home. My teacher inspired my confidence.

I am a lazy girl that needs a push every now and then, like when I promised my teacher to finish my speech draft after the winter vacation, but didn’t do it. Not to worry. My teacher found a way to get me going. She said, “I’ll give you a choice; you can read this wonderful speech I have. Just go out on stage and read it, or you can write your own speech to share with the audience? ” Great, right? But there was one problem; her script was full of words I didn’t understand! Of course, I chose to get to work writing my own. She may have been angry, but she didn’t show it. She gave me the opportunity to make my own decision, just as my parents would have done. The gentle way she forced me to face my own laziness was fantastic!   

All the activities at our school are designed to gain experience, push us when we’re shy, and make our dreams come true. Who always gives you the opportunity to learn and to experience but your parents?  Who is always there helping you to trust yourself? That is our family. My school is like a family. My teachers encourage us to understand ourselves. This is what I like best about my school. It is my home away from home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment